Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 26, 2012

Hey Mom,

How are you doing? Well, we had a baptism last saturday and I got to baptize him! It was so awesome!!! The spirit was definitely there!!! Oh man, I bet that was way fun to ride up in Winslow. I want to hear the stories. haha, Stetson is so awesome, I can't believe he pranced 25 miles. I wonder if he got tired? man, you had a really busy week. That is awesome Caleb and Carson hold the priesthood now and they can pass the sacrament. I am so proud of them! So, Sunday I bore my testimony for the first time since I have been in the mission field. I was scared but it was fun! So right now we are teaching Steve and Melissa Holmes and they are going to get dunked. I came to Cottage Grove because of this family! My love for that family is so strong!!! It's weird, it feels like I've known them for so long. The work is doing really well here. The days go by so fast! What I usually do every day is knock doors and teach less active families and part member families. So it is really cool. I haven't really been reading the B of M, I have been reading the Bible. I read 1st Samuel and 2nd Samuel and I read yesterday in the B of M. I am at Alma 15. So ya its awesome David had so much faith to slay Goliath. I love that story. Oh, check this out, we have been going over to the Lee families house and they are less active because their daughter killed herself with a shotgun. It's so sad and the dad has been having the hardest time because he tripped over her because he is almost blind and he is hurting so bad. That is so sad so we went over and we shared a scripture in Mosiah about the resurrection. The wife totally told the husband that it was such an awesome scripture and testified to him that he can see his daughter again and that we can all get resurrected . He started crying and said he doesn't want to talk about it anymore! It was so powerful and the spirit was so there I felt it and I know he did too. That was my spiritual moment this week and I got to baptize my investigator. It was so cool. Well, I am excited to see what the prophet has to say. I love you so much mom.
Love, Elder Reed

Hey Dad,

That is so cool it snowed there!! I bet it looks so pretty. We got that crazy snow too. It snowed so hard a lot of trees fell. How are the deacons in our ward? Is there a lot of them? Well, I love you and I went to a chiropractor up here in Cottage Grove. The main guy is in my ward and he does it for free. But anyways, he took some X-rays and he says I have a short leg and thats why I keep throwing out my back and he said he is going try to fix it! Well, love you.
Elder Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment