Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 6, 2014

Hey Mom & Dad,

   That is cool that Pres. Young called you yesterday!!! Ya, I bore my testimony on tithing and the atonement because I had a cool experience. I started to cry in it. I don't know why I cry all the time now. I guess the Lord is humbling me. We have been working hard with a less active family, the Hamilton's, and he had a dryer that wouldn't turn on. He has been going through financial times and he didn't know why it wasn't turning on. He went and bought a breaker for it but didn't have time to put it in. Then we came over and he said he found a $100 bill in his pocket. We kept teaching him to always pay his tithing so that same day he went and paid his tithing. That same day we went over and ate lunch with him and I said, "Let's go look at the dryer." So we went and looked at it and he flipped the breaker on and we went inside again to look at the dryer and that stinker thing fired right up and worked like a champ. So that strengthened my testimony on tithing and how if we just keep his commandments the Lord will guarantee us blessings.
  This week went by really fast. So Saturday morning we started a sports day where we invite the people we are teaching and less active families and active families to come and play sports in the morning. Last Saturday was the first time we tried it and it was a good turn out. When we are done we share a message. It was cool. We are still dining a lot of service which is good and we are trying to find new people to teach the gospel to. A lady in the ward ask me every time to fix her truck and I will fix it. So now every time someone needs their car fixed I will help them. I am glad dad taught me how to wok on trucks cuz people now days don't even know how to change a belt on their car. It's crazy to me.
  Well dad, I am sorry you have the flu. I am right with you though as I am having the flu also. A member told us swine flu is going around in Lane county and that is right where Florence is. But I don't  have that, just the flu.  I am starting to feel better but I still have a nasty cough and stuffy nose. That is scary you didn't get enough oxygen to your brain. That is good you went to the doctor. I am glad you are starting to feel better. Mom, I hope you don't get sick.
  Send me a picture of Karlee and tell John to email me. I emailed him but I don't know if he got it. That's super funny about the chickens. Just shoot them and bury them:) I hope Brooke gets moved in and I will pray for everyone to feel better.
  Well, I love you guys more than anything and I miss you guys and the family. I hope you have a good week. Oh, and did you read Vanessa's letter, that was really cool.

Love you, Elder Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment