Sunday, June 3, 2012

May 26, 2012

Hey Mom and Dad,

   So my talk went really good. You won't believe this but I talked 25 mins!!!  I was so shocked and my comp only got to talk for 10 mins. He was glad I talked for so long!! Thanks for praying for me, I talked for a long time and I could of talked for longer but I didn't want to take up all the time.  I think I have your talent for talking to people and I won't stop talking! haha. Once I started speaking I was not scared anymore! I almost cried but I held it in. I hate that I cry all the time now. But I did cry in the other sacrament meeting, my heart was full of the spirit, but don't tell mom I cried, haha. Did Bridget and Sam's talks go good, I bet they did! Well, I am glad that I am growing in the gospel and I can't shut up when I start talking!!haha I shared a personal story when I crashed my three wheeler into that pole and how dad gave a priesthood blessing, that was pretty good. Then I talked about Moses how he had faith and Noah, Daniel, Lot, and I shared that faith story that I shared at my farewell then another story.. I also shared the scripture Malachi 3:10 and how we need to be obedient to his commandments and we will get blessings.
  That is awesome that Vanessa texted mom and they talked and I hope she writes me a letter. That would be sweet. I am so excited to get a letter from her. I wonder if she got my letters that I sent her a while ago? I will let you know when I get them. Last week was a good week for letters. I got a letter from mom, Karlee, James and Larissa, and Savanna, so it was a good week for me. That is sweet that Stetson is going up with you to scout camp. I hope the boys aren't stupid around him. If they hurt him I will beat them up when I get home, but haha you can use stetson. I would assume that you would want to use Belle but Stetson is a good horse. So Briana sent me some pictures of the Reed Rodeo and the grass looks like it is trying to come up and you put a fence in the front yard? How is Babe, is she getting bit? I wish when I cleaned up horse poop I could get a sarsaparilla like Bridget's kids. I bet they love going to the rocking r. Is Sam blacksmithing? I am glad no bees attack you when you do the ghost rider. I know that the adversary didn't want me to go on my mission. I am glad that the guardian angel protected me and I know that the adversary still tries to work on me. I want to beat him up. I am doing really good out here in this area. So our teaching is going good and we are teaching a ton of lessons.  We are going to have 2 baptisms in June so that will be good.  Last week I got a letter from a missionary in Cottage Grove and he said that Darrel that I taught is getting baptized, that is so cool. Well, my comp is doing all right and he is very obedient. Almost to an extreme. We are teaching an older lady named Tammy and she is getting baptized on June 16th and we have a 14 year old girl that wants to get baptized on June 9th. We are teaching Heather and she is kind of interested but keeps blowing us off. We will start teaching this girl Taylor when she is done with softball. There are a lot more but I can't remember their names. I will let you know though. John 3 is really good and that is so true how when we partake of the sacrament we are partaking of the bread of life and the water that we will never thirst. I never thought about it that way before!! Well, thanks for your prayers and tell Danny Boy I said hi and I am doing good and I am going to baptize hime when I get home.
   That is super crazy Dillan Keith is almost home from his mission. It seems like he just left on one!! Brighton Solomon is home, holy cow. I bet he changed a lot too. So I bet John and Karlee are super excited to move into there house! Does their house look pretty good or do they have to do some work to it? 
  Well, I love you so so much and hope it doesn't get to hot down there. I will pray for you and hope you guys get some rain. I really need to stop praying for rain up here as we are getting a lot of rain. It is weird, I pray for rain and the next day it rains and when I don't pray for rain the sun comes out and I just prayed for rain again and now its cloudy and looks like its going to rain. Well, I love you mom and dad and have a great rest of the week and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Love, Elder Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment