Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014

Hey Mom and Dad,

  It's good to hear from ya. Thanks for everyone fasting for me yesterday. So we had an excellent sacrament meeting. The Hamilton family I am working with were the first two people to bear their testimonies. And they did such a great job. The Bishop came up to me and told me that the Hamilton family was one of the ones that I needed to come here to Florence for.  Right after they bore their testimonies me and my comp both went up and my comp went first. I looked out and I saw that everyone was crying from the Hamilton couple. So they really set the tone for the spirit to be there! I bore my testimony about having the right attitude. I talked about how I helped the habitat people build houses and I told how old the people helping are. I told them one of the older guys is 85 years old and just had back surgery. He took three months off and he is the main framer guy. He has the right attitude and how I need to have the right attitude to be a missionary and to share the gospel. It made me think of the Savior and how he had to have the right attitude to complete the atonement. That really hit me hard. I know if we have the right attitude towards things we will become close to our Heavenly Father and will feel happier. Thanks for everything you do for me. Then we had a good dinner and after dinner we went and visited with Ken Platt. He just had surgery. He told us one of his friends wanted to meet the missionaries and he lives out in the middle of no where. We got lost for three hours but we finally prayed and with the right impressions we made the right turns and we made it out of there. It's truly amazing how God does answer prayers. He answered many of mine yesterday! Throughout this week has been a trial for me but I got some answers yesterday and I know now what I need to do. I love fasting and receiving answers. I fasted about when to come home from my mission and I felt strongly that I need to go home. I don't know why I received that answer but I know Heavenly Father has a plan for me and I know if I listen to him I will be blessed.  It's truly amazing how God answers prayers just like he answered yours with Jeremy! I am grateful that I got to return to my missions and help the people here in Florence. I have learned a lot from them and I have helped people here and touched their lives I know with out a doubt. Thanks for the support and the prayers. I definitely needed them. Well, how did your week go? Anything exciting happened to you guys? How is John doing with his snow shack? How is the rest of the family doing? Well, I am excited to do this week. We are trying to baptize at least two people by the end of the transfer or at least have some one on date so we are going to work extra hard on that. Well, I love ya and thanks for everything you do for me. And pray for me. I love you and hope you have a wonderful day.

Love, Elder Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment