Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, 2014

Hey mom and Dad,

  That's so awesome that Jeremy came down with his family!!! I wouldn't blame Jeremy for being scared. I bet you guys had a wonderful time and ya he looks like you so much. I knew that he would come say hello to you someday. Do you remember when I saw hime before I entered the MTC. I knew he was going to see you soon. I am glad we are getting so many blessing and I am glad God answers prayers! That is an awesome miracle. Speaking on miracles, we had an amazing one. So do you remember me talking about Tammy last week? Well anyways we watched the restoration DVD with Tammy and the spirit was so strong there and afterwards she turned to us and said she wants to be baptized. It was crazy because me and my companion Elder White was going to set a date with her for April 12th. So that was pretty cool. It really hope she gets baptized. Then we were planning on setting another date with another gator but she fell through. But hopefully we can set one with her:) We have a couple of pretty solid investigators and 4 of are less active families came to church. It was so cool. The senior couple that is down in Redport came up and spoke in our ward and they taught how we need to start preparing for General Conference now and about doing missionary work. Then he bore his awesome testimony and how he was converted to the gospel. The spirit filled the room. One of our investigators that is still in high school was there and she said she felt something in there and throughout the classes and we told her that was the spirit and we kinda touch bases on baptism but she said she is going to start coming to church more. Well other than that we have been teaching about 15 lessons this week. I wanna bump up to 25 a week. I hope me and Elder Taylor can reach it. Transfers are here and I AM STAYING. I am so excited as I love this ward. I have been here for 6 months and I am working on 7. That is the longest I have ever been in an area. It's really crazy how fast time goes by! It feels like I just got out here! So my new comp is Elder Taylor. He has been out for a while now. I believe he goes home around August. I am excited to get him because he 's been out a while and I bet he actually knows how to work. So we can tear it up this month.That's about my week and I can't think of anything else. I am really glad Jeremy finally got to see the family. I am really sad I missed him but I know I will get to see him when I get back. I am hoping he will come to my homecoming talk!
  Well, I love you and the family and I am so grateful to come back on my mission and touch the life of these Oregon people. This work is so sacred and I am glad to be out here and help these wonderful people here in Oregon. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ's atonement. It's helped me so much in my life. I am so blessed to have such an amazing family that knows about the gospel and lives it. Thank you so much for what you guys do for me. I love you so much and I really hope you have an amazing week. Oh, this week I am picking a Christlike attribute and I am going to work on it this week. I am picking patience. I challenge you to do the same. I love you guys so much.

Love, Elder Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment