Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sept 30, 2013

Hey Mom,

  It's been really hard for me to get back into the routine but once I do it will be great. Ya, it was nice of my bishop to send you a picture! It's really cold up here and REALLY windy and its rainy too but other than that it's really nice. So here in Florence we are splitting the ward with the sister missionaries. It's kind of a pain because we have to ride bikes on the weekends! I am trying to get my lds mail account hooked up but I will email on here until I know how to hook it up. That's awesome you didn't have to drive to El Paso for Devin's baptism. I bet you girls had a fun time together. I am excited to watch conference this weekend. So when I first got to Florence we were visiting potential investigators and the very first one was an investigator/less active and we got to know them and we invited them to watch conference and they said okay. So I am watching conference with that family.  I think it was Wednesday me and Elder Jones were biking to the church because of a baptism we needed to go to. Our house is an hour away from the church and we wanted to take a short cut through the golf course. So we got down on the field and we saw the church through the trees . We began to cut through the thick trees and once we got down to the bottom we crossed a little creek and were going through some bushes. We hit a big pond and there was no way through or around and the church was a rock throw away. So I stood on this tree next to the pond to see if we could go around. I fell back into the pond I was mad at my comp because he didn't catch me but it was really funny after the fact. So we hiked back out with our bikes. I was talking to Elder Jones and I said, "What did we learn from this?" He said, "Always stay on the right path." Sometimes we think it's okay to take a short cut or leave the path but it's always good to stay on the path. Other than that nothing has been going on and yes my comps name is Elder Jones and he is from Utah and he is trunky and looks like the older cowboy Jones that I had in Eagle Point. I don't know why President Young sticks me with trunky elders. Well my address is 4872 Rhododendron Drive, Florence, Oregon 97439. I am looking forward to hearing from you guys next week. I love you guys and tell the family that I love them too.

Love, Elder Reed
0929131423.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment